Sun, Mar 05|
Gong Yoga Nidra
Experience Your Deepest Self - a relaxing & unique offering with Gong Soundbath
Time & Location
Mar 05, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Forest Row, Lewes Rd, Forest Row RH18 5AA, UK
About the event
Gong Yoga Nidra - A profoundly relaxing & unique offering with Gong Soundbath
w/Shivani Maria & Debee Merryvale
What is Gong Yoga Nidra? and what can it do for me?
Yoga Nidra ia an ancient, sacred yogic practice of meditation, experienced lying down, that can gift you the following benefits:
- induce profound relaxation in body & mind
- eliminate stress
- create greater understanding for personal/interpersonal challenges
- help with anxiety, fear, anger & depression
- awaken you to living as your Awakened Self
This deeply relaxing practice, enhanced still greater by the sounds of the cosmic healing Gongs, takes the form of a guided meditation/visualisation with. clear intention or sankalpa, created at the start.
The journey within, accompanied by The Gongs, takes you through the layers of your being according to Yogic science (the science of Self-realisation). In yoga these layers or sheaths are known as Koshas
We start with
1. Body Awareness- The Physical dimension - Anamaya Kosha
integrating the body-mind state
2. Breath Awareness - The Energy dimension - Pranamaya Kosha
awakening the flow of prana / life force to every cell in the body
3. Sensation Awareness - The Emotional body - Manamaya Kosha
experiencing feelings & emotions - hot/cold, joy/sadness, love/fear
4. Guided Meditation - The Knowledge body - Vijnanamaya Kosha
awakening the knowledge or wisdom/witnessing consciousness within you.
5. Deep Relaxation/Integration - The Bliss Body- Anandanmaya Kosha
This section will be accompanied by the Gong for around 30 mins & has the potential to be the most profound, or at minimum provide you with the deep restoration that your body & soul most need.
Get tickets here:
About Your Guides:
Shivani Maria qualified as a BWY Yoga teacher in 2003 & has been practising for 25 years this Feb 2023. She is a passionate Yin Yoga Teacher holding weekly sessions at Yard Yoga.
Shivani Maria is delighted to be accompanied & supported by Debee Laycock, who will be co-creating on the Gongs.
Both Shivani Maria & Debee are qualified Sound healers with the College of Sound Healing (C.O.S.H) U.K